@Craig-Lush said in CompTIA Network + Exam Questions:
I am currently doing the network + course that @WesBryan is teaching and am about half way through it. I have a couple of questions as i never did any CompTIA certification exams before.
@SIMON-TAPLIN has answered the questions already. I want to add a few things in context of the answers.
- Is there a set time or certain times of the year you can do them either online or at a training center?
No. As long as you sign up for a pearsonvue account online (free). You can schedule the exam when it's convenient for you, as long as the slot is open and available.
- If you take it at home, follow the directions to verify you meet all the requirements of taken the exam from your location.
- If you take it at a testing center, they've made sure to meet the requirements, you will need ID and arrive 15 minutes early to get your picture taken...sign papers..etc.
- Are there any more learning materials recommended to study other than the course materials in order to pass the exam. I am currently taking notes as i am going through every video.
Your greatest resource is downloading a copy of the exam objectives from CompTIA for the Network+ exam for the current iteration of that exam. Read through it, verify that you can do what the objectives are asking to do.. for example if 1.1. says "Identify the ...." can you? if 1.2 says "Describe the ..." can you? If 1.3 says "demonstrate..." can you? If not then you're not prepared ...do this for every objective listed in document.
If there are some you cannot do...etc. then post a question here in the forums. Let us help you succeed.
As @SIMON-TAPLIN mentioned there are 3rd party materials that are out there. Also there are study guides as well to fill in more context for you if you need. We do not sell any and ITProTV doesn't have a contract to sell anyone elses, so Simon's recommendation may be a peer review for you.
- Is it worth buying the retake exam?
Double edge sword. You buy, for whatever the extra expense is (I don't actually know) and you pass on the first attempt. That's money that doesn't go towards you next exam. You don't buy it a fail....yoikes. So no easy way to answer here. But if you can do everything according to the exam objectives...you're well on your way to passing especially if you've been posting questions here on uncertain topics.
- will this course that i am currently going through help me with the newest certification that they are releasing in Sept 2021. ( N10-008 will be available September 2021)
Yes. It will go a long way to helping you pass that next iteration of the Network+ exam. But because when the objectives, change you will have to download the new objectives when they're published and compare them to what you're studying. You'll see many of the same topics...even if worded differently, then whatever new technology those guys swear you should know about...but may seldom see (sorry, my bias is showing.).
Please do post more content related questions. If you have, others do too...and your questions will be answered and you'll help other ITProTV members too.