I'm curious where the most appropriate place to start with certifications considering my experience level. I have been working support in a Datacenter for about 9 months. I have experience in the following areas:
-basic vsphere 6 administration: migrating VM's, increasing datastore, creating disks, rebooting vm's, checking performance graphs (caught a CPU ready event for a customer), spin up new VM (there is a process to follow for this at my work btw), increase Ram and CPU.
-Palo Alto, Juniper, Fortinet: create vpn, add/edit routes, and policies, troubleshoot vpn down scenario. Check session count for suspected DDOS attacks(very rare).
- Server Hardening/ and patching
- Manage customer documentation for IP space, procedures, inventory.
- pull logs for just about everything! Open tickets with Microsoft and vmware for crashes
- setup backups for customers in commvualt, monitor backups, troubleshoot jobs that are not running
- respond to monitoring tickets and investigate: CPU/RAM/ disk space and many more.
- exchange 2010 - create email addresses, change permissions to DL, and users.
- some GPO, very limited
- password resets
- DNS record updates
- IIS 6/7: create and completed CSR.
-troubleshoot customer network issue to datacenter and possibly open tickets with Level3, XO, Cogent etc.
and many more odd tasks that we see very infrequently.
I am currently studying for ICND-1 and plan to take it in a about 6 weeks. Just not sure what next to focus on. Or what is appropriate.
Thanks for the advice.